Thursday, April 8, 2010

Love Disney Movie Club!

You should join Disney Movie Club!

I'm not kidding. This isn't even an ad. You get exclusive DVDs there and they're cheap*.

*Kinda. Not really. Idk.

I originally joined Disney Movie Club to buy Ducktales: The Movie - The Treasure of the Lost Lamp because it was the only place on the planet you can buy that movie and planned to delete my account, but I decided to stick with it. (But also because when you sign up, you agree to purchase 6 movies at full price which is like $19.95 or $21.95.) But when you purchase a movie at full price, the rest of the full price ones become half off or something good. It's really nice.

Purchasing Disney movies at Target or Walmart is a rip off because they're never on sale (the good ones, the classic.) Plus, when you sign up, you get four movies of your choice for $1.99, one for $14.95 and another for $9.95. That's six Disney movies for $30 plus free shipping for that order. It's great.

The downfall is that each month there is a "Feature Title" which is typically the newest Disney movie. For example, right now The Princess and the Frog is the feature title. Anyways, you need to respond before a certain time via phone or internet whether you want to accept it or not. If you forget to respond, then they send it to you anyways and charge it to your credit card without you knowing about it.

Like this month, I forgot to respond and while I was on vacation I purchased Princess and the Frog at Target. When I got home from vacation, DMC sent me another copy. Naturally, I threw out the Target receipt and couldn't find it, so now I'm in the company of two copies of the Princess and the Frog. Ugh. Whatever.

Another downfall is that they don't carry movies that are in the vault. So like "The Disney Classics" like Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, and Aladdin aren't always on there. Once every ten years my friends.

Anyways, I love Disney Movie Club. Last night I bought Tron, The Rescuers, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Flubber, and Honey I Blew Up the Kid. Hunchback was full price, which made the Rescuers half off and the other three were super savers. :) So consider joining!

No comments:

Post a Comment