Sunday, June 19, 2011

Jurassic Park May Be Rebooted


I did enjoy the third one, but I'd pick the Rex over Spino any day.

So rumor has it that the Jurassic Park series may be rebooted after years of wondering if a fourth one will ever be made.

Apparently, Steven Spielberg has been having secret meetings with a writer from I Am Legend to brainstorm ideas on how to reboot the series. It's possible that they're looking for a new storyline completely instead of redoing the first movie which is based off the book.

Personal thoughts…

Hmm… To be honest, I'm leaning more towards the sequel. The sequel, however must be very thought out. JP3 worked, but it seemed to be like a side story away from the main series. Personally, I would like another movie with John Hammond in it and I want the story to be around him and the science of the dinosaurs like the first two. Not something where people crash on one of the islands and need to escape. We have cell phones now… it's just not realistic anymore (and you can't use the no service, dead battery, or dropped in water excuses… that's cliché).

A reboot would work only because, by the time the movie is released, it'll be 10 years after the previous films release. Meaning that it follows my rebooting rule of 10 years between series. However, I feel as though making a reboot (or in other words a remake) of Jurassic Park is like remaking Jaws, Star Wars, or E.T. They're classics that shouldn't be messed with. For me, the reboot would have to have a completely different title in order to not be confused with the iconic original.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment