Sunday, January 9, 2011

Movie Review: Black Swan

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.


(out of four stars)

This movie was flawless. It was absolutely perfect.

It's nominations for the Golden Globes are well deserved all around.

Now normally, movies such as this (psychological thrillers which involve hallucinations and such) scare the crap out of me and cause me not to sleep, but this one was not like those at all.

Natalie Portman deserves an Academy Award for her performance as the lead actress. Her performance was dead on and perfect.

Mila Kunis, whom I love and adore because she's just so gorgeous, was phenomenal as well. If she doesn't deserve an Oscar, then she at least deserves the nomination and recognition. Who thought Meg from Family Guy was such an amazing, dramatic actress?

The entire ending to the film is the greatest part. Her final performance as she transforms into the Black Swan is breathtaking.

I'm trying to see all of the movies that I believe will be nominated for Best Picture before they come out so I can now check this one off the list. I definitely (so far) want this one to take the Oscar. It's just that perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment