Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Anne Hathaway is Selina Kyle aka Catwoman!

Anne Hathaway

I couldn't be happier!

It was announced today that Anne Hathaway will be playing Selina Kyle in the new Batman movie, The Dark Knight Rises. If you don't know, Selina Kyle is Catwoman, however I say Selina Kyle because I'm not exactly sure if Catwoman will be acknowledged in the movie.

While many were hoping for Angelina Jolie to play Catwoman, I thought that would be to expected and overrated. I feel as though casting Anne as Catwoman is like casting Heath as the Joker. Completely unexpected, but greatly anticipated. Anne is an Oscar nominee and she always blows me away with her performances and I expect the same with this one.

Anne Hathaway has also been cast in an episode of Glee. She will be playing Kurt's lesbian aunt. They're also hoping to get Julie Andrews to play his grandmother. Anne and Julie reunited = perfection!

And a minor note: Inception's Tom Hardy will be playing Bane… You know, the wrestler looking guy that was the side-kick to Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy in Batman & Robin.

No comments:

Post a Comment