Sunday, December 5, 2010

I'm coming out... as a Gleek!

Glee

I'm a gleek.

I admit defeat. After being completely against the show and what it stands for, I've given in.

Back in June, I posted an entry dubbing myself a hater of Glee and, until November, I firmly stood by that. The only time (between that post and November) that I gave in to something that was Glee was purchasing the Glee Cast's version of Bad Romance. ...I thought it was good. And I watched the Britney Spears episode... solely for Britney.

So what caused me to watch the show? Well the whole teen suicide slash bullying thing was huge at that time (not that it isn't now), but I read somewhere that Glee was doing an episode (and eventually a story arc) on bullying. So I watch "Never Been Kissed" where Kurt is greatly harassed by a jock bully and he meets Blaine (Darren Criss). My intention was to just watch the single episode, thinking that the story would come to a conclusion. I had no idea it was going to be a storyline for the season and would suck me in.

So, since then I've watched every episode to follow the Kurt-bullying storyline. I didn't think that I would become so freaking engrossed in the story and fall in love with all of the characters (except Sue). So I've seen every episode on Fox.com which, at the time, was "Grilled Cheesus" to "Special Education," plus "Britney/Brittany." And since watching "Never Been Kissed," I've downloaded six songs from the show. ...Shocking!

I may have totally fallen for the show, but that doesn't mean my opinions have changed about my high school show choir. I stand by the fact that... I hate them. Where in this show the Glee club is full of outcasts, by high school's group thought they were gods and goddesses. And for those classmates who read this, trust me, I'm not the only one who thought that.

It was hard for me to finally admit that I love the show after making my firm stance against it. Trust me, it's hard to admit defeat. I judged it and criticized it without giving it a fair chance first. I tend to do that a lot, but I'm trying to change.

So you may start seeing some posts commenting on the show. Starting really soon due to the news that they plan to replace the entire high school class by the end of the 2012 season. Dumb, but I'll comment on that later!

As for now... I'M A GLEEK!!!

And for those wondering about my picture... I made it completely myself. The title, the photo, the colors, everything was me. I didn't steal anything from any of the original posters! Similar to my NO H8 photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment