Monday, December 6, 2010

Movie Review: Eat, Pray, Love

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Especially after hearing that it wasn't that great.

I really didn't care to see it mostly because of the 'pray' bit, but I did and it wasn't terrible.

Basically this depressing and weak woman played by Julia Roberts gives up on love and... pretty much her life in general and travels to Italy (Eat), India (Pray), and Bali (Love) to rediscover herself and start over. A total chick-flick inspirational movie.

The best segment was Eat. By far. It was just so funny. Like I had not expected to laugh that much.

The next best segment was while she was in Bali and she found love in Javier Bardem!

And India was my least favorite, mostly because I'm not that big of a fan of India.

Julia was great. She really does need to make a comeback to acting. It seems like she has 1 movie a year. And I loved the supporting cast Viola Davis, Mike O'Malley, Javier Bardem, and Richard Jenkins. James Franco was kind of ... eh. He seemed to only be in the movie for younger viewers to get some sexiness out of the movie. It was just random that he was there.

This probably just a one time viewing for me, but I didn't hate it. Just know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment