Sunday, February 13, 2011

Who Will Carrie On?

Sex and the City Prequel

Rumors are spreading about a possible Sex and the City prequel instead of making another sequel. Kind of a bummer because I think the Sex and the City movies are hilarious, but the second was kind of a flop and the girls claimed there wouldn't be another one. So now there's a possibility of a prequel and there are already rumors of who may play Carrie. The two actresses that seem to be most rumored are Gossip Girl's Blake Lively and Glee's Dianna Agron.

Since I'm only familiar with the movies and have never seen the TV show, I don't know how old the characters were when they met (and I'm assuming that's what the movie would be about...how it all started).

I think Blake's got that Carrie look to her. Blake is 23 while Dianna is 24, but Blake still looks older to me. I've also seen Blake play a whore in The Town so I know she's versatile. Dianna, while being older, has played a high schooler in Glee, I Am Number Four, and has appeared as one in many other shows including the head cheerleader in Heroes. While I feel that she could probably play a high schooler until she's thirty because she just has one of those faces, I'm interested in seeing her play a character like Carrie. I'm curious as to whether or not she could pull it off. Hopefully, she's a good enough actress to play more than just a bitch cheerleader or shy school girl, which I'm sure she is… we just haven't seen it yet.

My pick: either. It doesn't matter to me. I feel that they both would be great choices so we'll see if this happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment