Monday, February 21, 2011

Being Discovered on YouTube is OVER!

YouTube Stars

This is one thing that really, really annoys me. I'm tired of people covering songs on YouTube with the intention of having their big break into stardom. Just stop.

What bothers me most is when I'm searching for a song on YouTube and mixed in with the actual song is people singing that song. Yes, it has worked for now stars Greyson Chance, Charice, Darren Criss, and Justin Bieber, but they were extremely lucky. Half of those people who make cover versions actually are terrible. Thank god you can comment and tell them that they are.

However, I don't mind YouTube stars - people who make it on YouTube - such as Philip DeFranco, James Rolfe, Chris Crocker, and Shane Dawson. Those people deserve fame (…not some much Chris Crocker). In fact, Brandon Hardesty did make it. He landed a role in American Pie: The Book of Love. It's not much, but at least he made it.

If you want to be discovered for musical talents, do American Idol, don't post annoying crap on YouTube. We all know that you're not trying to display your talent for others to enjoy… you're just hoping someone famous like Usher will see and say "I found my next star!"

No comments:

Post a Comment