Thursday, May 6, 2010

Movie Review: Sister Act 2

What can I say about this one...?

The other day, I posted a review for the first one and I thought it was fun and I couldn't believe I've gone through my whole life without seeing it. This one wasn't that amazing, but it was still decent.

What I think I enjoyed most was that almost all members of the main cast returned for the sequel. That's rare, and in such numbers too. I mean Miss Congeniality only had 4 of it's cast members return (Benjamin Bratt not returning is a huge minus). But for this movie, even the AMAZING Maggie Smith returned! MAGGIE SMITH! I love her.

I think the story line was a total cliché. 'I want to sing, but my mommy won't let me.' Boo-hoo. But then again, this was released in '93. Movies with that storyline are VERY common today, but, back then, I can't be sure.

It wasn't as funny as the original either. And, I'm sorry, but why do all of the students need to be gangster-like. Just because you're from a poor and struggling area doesn't mean you're all ghetto and what-not. But, once again, it was the 90s, so I don't know.

Overall, I enjoyed it. The first one was by far the best. Just some minor stuff that got to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment