Monday, February 28, 2011

Yay! Some Jurassic Park IV News!

Jurassic Park IV

A couple weeks ago, a picture (link) from Universal Studios surfaced that suggested that the fourth Jurassic Park slipped into production without people knowing. It caused a lot of buzz and rumors to circulate. Much to my disappointment, the picture turned out to just be a hoax.

I hoped that the high amount of buzz would make execs at Universal aware of peoples interest in another movie. Hopefully, it does.

I went to Wikipedia (and yes, I know it is not always factual), but Joe Johnston, the director of the third film, is said to be the director of the fourth one and is hoping to focus his full attention on Jurassic Park once Captain America is complete. It is also said that he is hoping to collaborate with Steven Spielberg, the director of the first two, and it is also said that it will be released in 2013. However, the release year has been being pushed back ever since it was originally said to be released in 2007, so I don't know how truthful that is. Also, keep in mind that IMDb.com does not have a Jurassic Park IV page like they used to which means, according to them, there is no plan for a fourth movie currently.

Regardless, I hope they do get to work on it. I'm not usually one that roots for sequels, but I feel that Jurassic Park has so much potential and the third one did not live up to the standard. I'm also one that believes that the longer you put off a sequel, the better it will be (as opposed to it being rushed). So we'll see and keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment