Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Movie Review: The Social Network

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

StarStarStarStar
(out of four stars)

Interesting film. You learn a lot about the history of Facebook through this movie.

I liked how the movie kept going forward and backward in time as they covered certain subjects. And they way they switched between the lawsuits.

Jesse Eisenberg was great and perfectly cast. Although I feel as though that's how he is in real life. He's a lot like Michael Cera that way. Regardless, he deserves his nomination.

Andrew Garfield was snubbed. He deserved a nomination and the movie, for some reason, campaigned for Justin Timberlake to receive an Oscar. Why? Justin is a terrible actor, that's indisputable. And I feel like his character in the movie is exactly how he is in real life. I'm not saying I hate JT. I love his music, but not his acting.

My one, one, one problem with this movie is its lack of climax. I really, really hate movies that do that. You're watching the movie and loving it and loving it and then the credits start rolling. Like WTF? They answer all of the questions and everything but nothing huge happens at the end. Justin's character gets caught in a drug bust but that's hardly a climax (at least they way the showed it, it wasn't a climax).

Regardless it's a great movie. I'm sure either this one or The King's Speech will take home the Oscar, but I'm still praying for Black Swan! We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment