Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Stupid-Funny Movie ™

I'd like to introduce a new type of movie. I've dubbed it the "Stupid-Funny Movie."

This is a movie that is entertaining and hilarious while being incredibly stupid and pointless.

I find that most of these movies are those featuring members of the 'Frat Pack' and movies that spoof other movies.

If you don't know already, the Frat Pack was a nickname given to a group of actors with hit comedy movies from the late 90s to today. The members include Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Jack Black, Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson, and Steve Carell.

To get a better understanding of the term, here are some examples of those I consider 'stupid-funny':

-Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
-Bewitched
-Blades of Glory
-Dance Flick
-Date Movie
-Disaster Movie
-Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
-Epic Movie
-Eurotrip
-Evan Almighty
-Meet the Spartans
-Mystery Men
-Nacho Libre
-Rat Race
-Scary Movie 2
-Scary Movie 3
-Scary Movie 4
-Semi-Pro
-Step Brothers
-Superhero Movie
-Superstar
-Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
-Vampire's Suck
-Year One
-Zoolander

I wanted to clarify this for those who read my movie reviews and question what I mean by stupid-funny.

Check out Wikipedia to learn the history of the coined term the 'Frat Pack.' It's pretty interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment