Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Movie Review: Kick-Ass


Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

Kick-Ass kicked ass. Period.

This movie was amazing. Less funny than I thought it would be and more gruesome than I thought it would be.

But it's true: why hasn't anyone tried being a superhero? We see it happen all the time in movies. Bruce Wayne proved it possible without powers. And this movie shows you that.

A guy, I forget his name, becomes a superhero in New York City (typical): Kick-Ass. He is later accompanied by Big Daddy (Nicholas Cage) and Hit Girl to bring down a drug lord (?) who's son is Red Mist (McLovin'). It's a whole circle of conflict that's rather difficult to explain.

I really enjoyed the movie. I'm a sucker for heroes that kick ass (ahhh! #familyguy) and never get hit. Kind of like the lobby scene in the Matrix where they're flipping around everywhere and shooting everything and not once do they get hit. Hit Girl was the shit. I was rather disappointed that Big Daddy died. Kinda surprising since I find Nicholas Cage super annoying. The other thing I was bummed about was Red Mist didn't become good. I thought that the four of them would be a team, but I was wrong. Wishful thinking.

And I don't know what to make of the ending... Will there be a sequel? Red Mist could easily become a bad guy. He's got money and could come back with a vengeance. I hope there is a sequel. Kick-Ass: 4/5 or 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment