Saturday, October 2, 2010

Movie Review: You Again

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

I love me some Betty, some Jamie Lee, and definitely some Sigourney.

I definitely overhyped the film but in all honesty, I wasn't expecting much. However, I did enjoy it. It was funny and I think that was mostly because of Jamie, Sigourney, and Betty.

I liked the story, but like all comedies like this, it's predictable.

I liked how Kristen Bell kept having things happen to her that made her look like she did in high school. (The haircutting, the ant bites, and the glasses).

People are saying that Sigourney was miscast and they questioned why she would ever go from Avatar to this. Those people are idiots. I thought she was perfect for the role. You can't see her as a snobby, self-centered bitch? I can.

I've missed Jamie Lee. We haven't seen her in a good comedy since Freaky Friday with Lindsay Lohan. She's so good! She and Arnold really need to team up for a sequel to True Lies.

And of course, Betty. Obsiously they hired her because she's the 'it girl' of 2010. Attaching her to any movie guarantees an extra $3 million at least at the box office.

Kristen Bell is someone I'm still trying to warm up to. I feel like she would be a better bitch like she was in Forgetting Sarah Marshall. But, I'm still trying to warm up to her.

And her arch rival, Odette Yustman was good. I liked her. I definitely could watch her in another movie. She's very pretty!

I loved the Alien and Avatar references throughout the film. I caught three: When they first meet Sigourney Weaver's character, Kristen Bell's little brother says she looks digitally created (Avatar); when Kristen Bell's older brother and his fiancée look through photo albums, Will gestures to his face saying how something was wrapped around it and attached to it (like a facehugger in Alien); and when the say Sigourney Weaver's character looked like she never aged, it obviously a reference to both Alien and Avatar because when they're in cryo, they don't age although years go by.

So for those of you debating whether to go see it in theaters or not, I say wait until the DVD comes out. You should really want to see it to see it in theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment