Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Generation cancelled!

My Generation

And this is why I don't watch television.

ABC cancelled it's new Thursday night drama, My Generation, which is a mockumentary that follows 10 high school seniors and sees where they end up in ten years, due to poor ratings.

I think if they were to have advertised more and waited maybe a year, this show would've been more successful. Why wait a year? I feel as though people are still adjusting to mockumentary style shows with Modern Family and The Office being to two biggest ones out.

What pisses me off more is that the show was cancelled after two episodes. Same thing happened to The Beautiful Life: TBL last year on the CW. This is why I hate watching new shows: many of them don't succeed. Just when I get into the story, they pull the plug. At least finish out an entire season. You can't just start a story and cut it short right in the middle. This is why I like movies... they at least finish the story. And it's also why I wait til series are completed before getting into them, or at least several seasons in.

It should be illegal for networks to just cut off series like that. I'm done with television.

No comments:

Post a Comment