Saturday, October 2, 2010

Movie Review: Wall Street

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

I want to see the new one, so naturally I need to see the first one.

It was decent. Nothing amazing, but not complete crap.

I would've probably enjoyed the movie more if I understood more about Wall Street and the stock market. It's just one of those things that I will never and can never understand.

Regardless... I tried my hardest to follow along and I think I did pretty well. Just had a hard time with the lingo of the stock market.

Seeing Charlie Sheen as the star of a movie is so difficult for me. There are only 2 movies I've seen him in and that is Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Scary Movie 3 (plus his cameo in Scary Movie 4). It's just so unusual because all you see him star in now is Two and a Half Men and he has just become his character. You can't see him as anybody else. It was weird seeing him be serious, but I enjoyed it. (And if you close your eyes, it's sounds like his brother Emilio Estevez! They sounded exactly alike back then!)

And I loved Michael Douglas as Gordon Gecko! He deserved that Oscar (although I haven't seen any of the other movies). He was so intense.

The only thing I had a problem with (besides not understand the stock stuff) was the ending. What a piece-of-shit ending. You don't even see what happens. Is it assumed that Bud Fox goes to jail although he helped bring down Gecko. And the only reason I know Gordon Gecko went to jail is from the trailer for the second film. They just cut off the movie in a terrible spot. I was very disappointed with that. Otherwise, it was a decent movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment