Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Movie Review: The Joneses

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

I'm surprised by how much I liked the movie.

What turned me on to the movie in the first place was the story behind it. A group of salespeople who pose as a family and walk around showing off their crap so other people want to buy it. Genius right? And so simple. Does this really happen in real life. I feel like it would.

Anyways, that's the story. I thought that it was an indie-comedy when I rented it, but there really wasn't anything funny about it at all. Definitely a drama.

I love who all of the characters had their own subplots. Steve was the newest member of the team and he wasn't that great of a saleman, Kate was the leader of the family, Mick was in the closet, and Jenn was simply a whore.

Mick and Jenn's individual stories came out of no where! All of a sudden, right in the beginning of the movie, when we don't even know much about her, she takes her top off and tries to sleep with her fake father. And then Mick you think is somewhat in a relationship with this one girl, but then all of sudden leans in to kiss her brother while he's drunk and gets his ass kicked. But don't get me wrong, I loved their side stories! They just came right out of left field.

In my opinion, the movie would be much better if it was longer and it was backed by a major studio. If the movie was longer, they would be able to explain how their jobs work, like how they are selected, and there would be a better ending than the lame indie-type ending.

I definitely recommend seeing this movie. It's worth a watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment