Friday, August 13, 2010

So Lauren Can Dance! Good!

So... for the record, I have not watched an episode of this show before tonight ... but I'm so happy that Lauren won.

Erik and I watched last night's episode and then tonight's finale tonight and from what I saw, Lauren had my vote.

I feel as though everyone was expecting Kent to win, and he was good and all, but I didn't really care for him as much as I did Lauren.

And then there was Robert. You know that feeling that you get when there's three finalists and hype around certain ones create this expectation. For example, when the latest season of Dancing with the Stars had it's finale, people knew it would end up being between Nicole Scherzinger and Evan Lysacek which put Erin Andrews in third and that's exactly where she landed. Same happened here, in my opinion, with it being between Kent and Lauren for the top spot and Robert getting the third spot.

I'm also not used to the layout of this show. I'm just used to Dancing with the Stars. I thought it was interesting that they were taught choreography, occasionally danced alone, and were given more freedom with their dancing (like use of props).

It was just a completely different area for me and I feel as though the show is more "loosey-goosey" while Dancing with the Stars has elegance, class, and seriousness (minus anything involving Kate Gosselin. Ha!). But that's just my opinion...

Maybe I'll watch next season. I haven't decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment