Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Movie Review: Easy A

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

Possibly one of the greatest comedies I've seen.

After seeing the trailer (and I re-watched it over and over and over), I developed extremely high expectations for the movie and this movie exceeded my expectations.

I don't even know where to begin.

Emma Stone was sensational. She definitely works as a leading lady. She was born to be the star of the show. She's cute and sexy and fucking hilarious! Her humor made the movie. And when she needed to bring in the drama, she brought it!

The co-stars Aly Michalka, Amanda Bynes, Penn Badgley, and Dan Byrd were fantastic as well. I was very impressed with Aly Michalka... usually she's the nice, sweet girl, but I love that she was the slutty, sexy, and mouthy best friend. It was like a 180 from her usual characters. It was almost like her character on her new show Hellcats.

Amanda Bynes was great as well playing the Jesus freak. She was still pretty funny like her usual self. And she played a great psycho religion lover. It's great because this movie makes fun of the very people that ought to be burned on a cross I hate. :)

Dan Byrd was a great homo. (Although, I'm not sure I liked the Huckleberry Finn ending, if you know what I mean.) Haha. People don't realize that that is how kids are and that the situation he was in was not over-dramatised for the movie. That's how it is in high school. Kids are mean.

Speaking of high school, the one thing I did not understand about the movie. The school they were at was Ojai North High School, but then she said that she was going to community college, and then some other character would say it was high school. It was rather confusing.

What's great is that the comedy was throughout. Even when it got emotional in the confessional at the church, you know, Emma was crying and pouring her heart out, but then no one was there in the confessional. Or it stayed very dramatic like when Lisa Kudrow admitted what she actually did to Emma Stone. That was very serious.

If you watch the trailer for the movie, you'll see so much that is so hilarious and it actually makes you think that all the funny shit is in the trailer. Wrong. That's what I thought, but there was actually a lot of funny throughout the movie and when you see the clips you saw in the trailer, you still laugh. Tom Cruise... haha.

I also liked how Emma Stone narrated the whole film. It was very much like Mean Girls. Which brings me to my next point. I think that this movie will become a classic like Mean Girls did. I liked how were vlogs (video-blogs) came together in the end to dig her out of the hole you'd think there was no way out of. And it was so cute how it ended with a 80s, John Hughes ending. :)

Definitely go see it, and it'll be worth the purchase when it comes out on DVD! Emma Stone was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment