Friday, September 17, 2010

Live-Action Pokémon Movie? Yes, please!

Watch the "trailer" below.



Yes, you're right. This does seem extremely iffy. But here are a couple of things to keep in mind that both validate and go against the video above.

Why it may not be real:
-College kids could've easily made this video as a gag.
-It's just random shots of crap. It can't be trailer.
-There's no big-named celebs.
-The acting looks a little iffy, so I'm not sure if it should be taken seriously.
-The Pokémon look fake.
-There's guns.

Why it may be real:
-The video was shot at a private screening.
-It could be test footage.
-They could easily have casted nobodies (which I think would be likely for a film like this).
-The fake looking Pokémon could be because the animation of the creatures is not yet complete and those are stand-ins, if you will. Those could also be the actual version of the Pokémon and it is meant to be for a very young audience.
-The guns could be there for demographic purposes. They want teenagers to watch.

Did you catch any of the characters? I spotted Ash, Jessie, James, and the man Team Rocket works for.

I honestly don't have an opinion on whether this video is the real deal or not. I want to say it is, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Regardless... this video is causing a lot of buzz (and I mean A LOT!), which means even if it is fake, a studio will see how much people are interested in seeing a live-action version and would definitely back it ASAP.

So we'll see. I'll keep ya posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment