Sunday, September 26, 2010

Movie Review: Copycat

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

I love it when I stumble into movies.

After watching Titanic last night, I got sucked into the movie that followed it called Copycat. It was released in 1995 and stars Sigourney Weaver and Helen Hunter.

The movie actually hooked me in and when I tried to deviate myself to something else, it kept bringing me back.

Sigourney plays a psychologist that becomes a victim of a serial killer and survives, however she becomes an agoraphobic and doesn't leave her own apartment for a year after the attack. A new serial killer, dubbed the Copycat Killer, comes around and mimics murders from famous serial killers like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and the Hillside Strangler.

This movie freaked me out. Mostly for the creepy figure stalking Sigourney in her own apartment. You always were watching her in the dark behind curtains and such and you were just waiting and waiting for him to attack, but he didn't the first few times.

Regardless of how much the movie freaked me out, I still enjoyed watching it. I love seeing Sigourney outside of her iconic roles. And Helen Hunter is not my favorite solely because of her voice. They were trying very hard to make her exactly like Jodie Foster's character in Silence of the Lambs... a short brunette with an annoying accent that uses locked away serial killers to solve the crimes. The only difference is that Helen Hunter's character uses Sigourney's character to channel the other serial killers. Silence of the Lambs just omitted that step.

No comments:

Post a Comment