Sunday, July 18, 2010

Retro Review: Land of the Lost

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

This is what I like to call a "Stupid-Funny Movie."

The movie was incredibly stupid, but at the same time it was quite amusing and hilarious.

This movie is based of the very old television series of the same name. I somewhat remember reruns of this show, but nothing more than dinosaurs walking around.

Will Ferrell is an actor I'm not particularly fond of. I don't quite always get his humor. Like Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby was the biggest piece of crap movie I have ever seen. I didn't laugh I single time. It's strictly for red-necks. There's only one movie of Will Ferrell's that I actually like that comes to mind: Blades of Glory (note: I haven't seen Elf yet.)

The co-stars, Anna Friel and Danny McBride, I enjoyed. She was very pretty and he was rather funny with Will Ferrell. The apeman, Chaka, was kind of creeping me out.

The whole Today show thing was hilarious with Matt Lauer. Makes me laugh every time.

Oddly, I think that if they were to have taken this movie a little more seriously, it could've been something decent. Basically, if they got rid of Will Ferrell and the humor that surrounds him, this could've been an epic movie.

I still enjoyed it though and, surprisingly, I own it. Worth a watch, but don't expect much.

....and watch out for the mosquito scene. It's kind of nasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment