Thursday, July 1, 2010

Meet the New Spider-Man!

Meet the new unnecessary Spider-Man: Andrew Garfield.

I like that they got an unknown. But to me he doesn't look very Peter-Parker to me. Tobey Maguire was a great mixture of good looks and nerdiness.

Wait!

Let's go back to when I said that I like that they got an unknown...

I do not agree with them restarting the series. 1. The cast was great with Tobey and Kirsten Dunst. 2. That series brought in some SERIOUS CASH, why start it all over? 3. The storyline ended, yes, but there was potential for more. 4. They didn't exactly give us closure on the series or Spider-Man and MJ's relationship.

If they wanted to end it there, then fine! I'll deal. But don't announce you're going to reboot the series only 3 years after the last movie, especially after announcing that you've already begun production on Spider-Man 4 with Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst with Carnage and the Lizard as the villains.

For example, the ORIGINAL (but not too original) Batman series was around from 1989 until 1997. They didn't start remaking the series until 2005 with Batman Begins and it was 1,000,000,000x better that the original (well sorta). The first Batman (1989) was amazing. They got more shittier every movie after that. Then after Batman Begins came the INCREDIBLE Dark Knight. They're getting better and better.

I have a feeling that the next Spider-Man will be more child-oriented because they want Peter Parker to be in high school. Hence the young new actor.

Those are my thoughts on the entire new series. I'll see it, but I don't support it. Haha. I'm so mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment