Thursday, April 8, 2010

Movie Review: How to Train Your Dragon

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

I loved this movie. I did NOT expect much from it, but it was so good. And I saw it in 3D and it was spectacular.

At this point, I shouldn't be surprised when odd looking DreamWorks movies become hits. Shrek, Madagascar (which I didn't care for actually), Kung Fu Panda (which I also didn't care for), Monsters vs. Aliens, Flushed Away!! But this one... I mean what an odd title. How to train your dragon.... Strange.

But anyways, this kid lives with Vikings that kill dragons and he finds and injured dragon and take care of it and then... trains it. Go figure. Then he makes the Vikings think that he's really good with taming dragons when he's supposed to be fighting and killing them. The villagers don't care for the kid and think he's a rockstar when he knows how to calm them. Idk.

Then the cliché scenario of a father who doesn't listen finding out what his son has been hiding, gets upset, goes off and gets into trouble, and then the kid saves everyone and proves the dad wrong. Oh and the dad is Gerard Butler. ;) Haha.

It's a really good movie and I highly recommend it. And see it in 3D too! The previews before the movie were even in 3D!!

No comments:

Post a Comment