Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Movies I Love to Hate #1: Citizen Kane

Like seriously, what the fuck is this movie about.

Welcome to my first installment in the 'Movies I Love to Hate' Saga where I name movies I hate with a passion and I explain why I hate them. Pretty simple.

For my first one, I decided to do Citizen Kane. Released in 1941 and directed by, written by, and starring Orson Welles. See, that's where you went wrong. I hate movies that are produced, directed, written, and acted out by the same person. I think it's just cocky and selfish. James Cameron would fall into that category if it were him sinking to the ocean floor in Titanic instead of Leo.

This movie has no purpose. It made absolutely no sense to me. I had to watch it for my Introduction to Film class at SIU. We watched some decent movies in that class (His Girl Friday, the Player, Above the Law (not. ha.) but this movie just pissed me off.

In all honesty, I don't even remember what it was about. About a guy who was a millionaire and was unhappy or something. Idk. See, it sucked so much, I don't remember what happened. That's all I'm going to say. Except...

Rosebud.

No comments:

Post a Comment