Saturday, April 17, 2010

I got a boo-boo.

Nasty, right? This week at work was floorset week, during which we release new merchandise to the sales floor and construct walls and such for that merchandise. Well, I was getting a heavy shelf down from the loft above the bathroom. On my way down, I slipped on the bottom-most step of the ladder. Then everything went fuzzy.

I don't remember how everything happened actually. I dropped the shelf and it hit the ground and fell against the wall in the narrow hallway, pinning my pinky finger. Then, I fell backwards and landed on the corner of the rolling rack which left a huge mark on my back. My manager was receiving shipment at the time and heard the thud and came to check on me.

My finger had a cut on it that was bleeding heavily. I put a bandaid on that. The remainder of the day was hell. Floorsets require heavy lifting, and well... your hands. I mean I need to fold clothes. You try folding clothes with a pinky finger that is pulsing with pain. I thought I broke it, but I could still bend it. So I said I jammed it. Because it hurt like a BITCH!

Anyways, now I have a cut and black stuff in my fingernail. Everybody's telling me that my nail is going to fall off and it'll take a couple months. I hope it doesn't fall off because ew, and ow! So we'll just have to wait and see. I just want the black stain-like thing under my nail to go away. I'll just have to buy nail polish that looks like my natural nail color! Ha. Yeah, I'm that desperate! Lol.

Hope you enjoyed that. I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment