Friday, April 30, 2010

Movie Review: A Nightmare On Elm Street

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have officially seen my first scary movie in the theater. I'm not even kidding. 20 years old and have never seen a scary movie in the movie theater.

I saw a Nightmare on Elm Street and I was so nervous going into it. For some reason I felt like once I bought the ticket, there was no turning back. Lol.

If you're nervous about seeing it, here is my advice: replay the trailer over and over. Memorize everything about it. It basically gives away all of the scary scenes. I totally knew from the actors, settings, and shots, what was going to happen.

The movie itself was entertaining. Not amazing. It honestly wasn't even that scary. The story was very recycled. It kinda reminded me of Knowing for some reason. I'm not sure why. I think it was the 'school memories' aspect of it. But I'll probably buy it on DVD. It was entertaining.

Major Spoilers: The ending was stupid. They kill Freddy and then (naturally) he's still alive right before the credits. If they are going to make a sequel, they're going to have to really explain that one!

As for the new Freddy actor and his look... Well, I should first mention that I didn't see the original Nightmare on Elm Street, or any of its sequels. I have, however, seen images of the original Freddy and I find him much scary than this one. The new one is more realistic though. Both appear burned, but the newer Freddy looks more decayed and faceless (although the actor portraying him isn't pretty either).

All in all, if you like scary movies, this would probably not be that good to you (if you like good ones that is). I found it rather cliché at times, but it was still entertaining. I wouldn't see it again in theaters, but I'll buy the DVD when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment