Friday, April 16, 2010

Movie Review: Tron


Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

Out with the old and in with the new.

I recently bought Tron via Disney Movie Club and it finally came today and I watched it.

The first ten minutes had me totally confused. I didn't know anything about the movie going into it. The only information I knew came from the trailer for the new movie and the "Space Paranoids" World in Kingdom Hearts II. ;)

I was surprised that I actually liked it. The remake/sequel has a lot of potential. I had a hard time with the graphics though. When you're watching the film you constantly need to remember that it was made in the eighties and the "technological world" was completely original.

It got me really pumped for the new one coming out in December. The biking scenes will be phenomenal.

I also found the young Jeff Bridges to look exactly like Harrison Ford in the first Star Wars. He even sounded a bit like him. It was creepy and somewhat annoying.

Anyways, in my opinion, the movie was pretty good. Not amazing, but I'm glad I bought it. If you plan to watch it, you need to go into it thinking that it's very wants-to-be-CGI-but-it's-not-CGI. If you know what I mean. It tries to look high tech, but it comes out crappy looking compared to what comes out today in movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment