Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Movie Review: The Last Song

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

So I'm never, ever reading a book before a movie comes out, ever again! The book ruined the movie for me. Lol. People usually say the complete opposite, but I'm sticking with this. I loved the book (and I actually read the book), but if I didn't read the book I wouldn't have anything to compare the film to.

Wait, let's back up. I liked the movie. I did. I will buy it when it comes out on DVD. Miley Cyrus and her boyfriend on-screen and off-screen were really cute together. Yes, Miley Cyrus wayyy over-acted, but it didn't bother me that much.

The problems that I had most with the movie were the fact that Pastor Harris was only in it for 5 seconds, I didn't feel that connected to her father so I didn't feel her pain when he died, and big scenes involving Blaze and Marcus were completely cut. I felt like the movie should've been longer, also.

If you didn't already know, the movie and book were written by Nicholas Sparks with Miley Cyrus already lined up to play the lead. Oh, the magic of Disney. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment