Sunday, May 9, 2010

Movies I Love to Hate #2: The Godfather

I HAVE NOT seen this movie. Let's just throw that right out there.


I'm just like Peter Griffin in that one episode of Family Guy where they're locked in the panic room and it's flooding and he spills that he hated the Godfather and couldn't even watch the whole thing. That's me.


I watched the first fifteen minutes, had absolutely no idea what was going on, so I turned it off. It didn't hook me. So yes, I gave it a try and couldn't do it.


I also don't care for Marlon Brando. What an asshole! This is what it says about him playing Jor-El in the first Superman movie on Wikipedia (and this is legit!):


"Brando then portrayed Superman's father Jor-El in the 1978 Superman: The Movie. He agreed to the role only on assurance that he would be paid a large sum for what amounted to a small part, that he would not have to read the script beforehand and his lines would be displayed somewhere off-camera. It was revealed in a documentary contained in the 2001 DVD release of Superman, that he was paid $3.7 million for just two weeks of work.


Brando also filmed scenes for the movie's sequel, Superman II, but after producers refused to pay him the same percentage he received for the first movie, he denied them permission to use the footage. However, after Brando's death the footage was reincorporated into the 2006 re-cut of the film, Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut."


What a conceded asshole! Excuse me? You're no Anthony Hopkins, Robert De Niro, Jack Nicholson, hell I like Orson Welles more than this douchebag! I laugh everytime he appears in Superman Returns. They had to wait for him to die to put him in another Superman movie! Good for them! DUMB!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment