Monday, June 14, 2010

Movie Review: Dear John

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

Dear Nicholas Sparks,

Never, ever allow the screenwriters to change your original story. I read The Last Song, and they changed it for the movie and I didn't care for the movie as much as I should have. They changed this film's ending after audiences in advanced screenings were disappointed. I didn't read this book, but my sister did tell me how the book actually ended, and I would've liked that version better.

I didn't care how it was mostly about Channing Tatum. He's not that interesting. Why would I want to follow him around? If it were some other actor, I'd care a little more. So I think he was miscast. And really... I'm tired of Channing playing the military guy and the gangster/fighting guy. Can't he ever just be a guy?

I enjoyed Amanda Seyfried, although her character angered me. Leaving the main character... tisk, tisk.

What kind of Nicholas Sparks movie ends with the couple not being together? Only this one! (Although I've only seen The Notebook, A Walk to Remember, and The Last Song, which only leaves out Nights in Rodanthe.)

So, I would give this movie 2.5/5 stars. I expected more from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment