Thursday, June 17, 2010

Movie Review: Fame

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.

After seeing the user rating on IMDb.com, I doubted this movie would be good, but I still wanted to see it. It was... decent.

I'm just really over the types of movies where kids pursue their singing/dancing/acting dreams. Like Step Up. There are just SOOOO many of them now. It's such bullshit. Only those kinds of people like these movies. You know, those who want to be just like them but there's not possible way of them getting there? Ya, those. Wannabes.

I didn't expect the movie to take place over their entire school career. Auditions Day, Sophomore Year, Junior Year, Senior Year. I didn't know how I felt about it at first, but by the end of the movie I decided that it worked. Each year had its own problems, but some of them just seemed random and felt unresolved.

I LOVED Megan Mullally. She was such a good singer too! And I liked Kay Panabaker, but she seemed really young compared to the other actors. Maybe they should've gone with her sister, Danielle.

And finally, something that made me mad was there was no dance number to the titular song "Fame." It's fine that it was in the credits and not a part of the actual movie, but they still could've danced to it. Just sayin.

No comments:

Post a Comment