Sunday, June 6, 2010

MTV Movie Awards tonight!

Tonight are the annual MTV Movie Awards and I want to talk about the nominees and my choices. So here we go...

Best Movie

- Alice in Wonderland

- Avatar

- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

- The Hangover

- The Twilight Saga: New Moon


I believe Avatar will get it. It's kind of a toss-up really. As much as I want Harry to get it, I don't think he won't. As much as one would assume New Moon will get it, it won't. Avatar was liked by all, but Alice and the Hangover were very popular when they were released. My final vote is for Avatar.


Best Kiss

- Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning - The Runaways

- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson - The Twilight Saga: New Moon

- Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds - The Proposal

- Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner - Valentine's Day

- Zoe Saldana and Sam Worthington - Avatar


I can't believe Kristen Stewart and Dakota kissed. My beautiful Dakota kissed trash. Ugh. It's probably going to go to New Moon. But then again, Sandra and Ryan were cute together. My vote is for Sandra and Ryan, but I think it'll go to the trashy whore and the smelly guy.


Best Fight

- Beyoncé Knowles vs. Ali Larter - Obsessed

- Hugh Jackman and Live Schreiber vs. Ryan Reynolds - X-Men Origins: Wolverine

- Logan Lerman vs. Jake Abel - Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

- Robert Downey Jr. vs. Mark Strong - Sherlock Holmes

- Sam Worthington vs. Stephen Lang - Avatar


The only one I haven't seen is Percy Jackson. This one's a toss-up too. Beyoncé and Ali were crazy and it was a chick fight so that gets major points, then a couple extra because of Beyoncé. Sherlock Holmes were two mortals fighting so that won't win. I'm gonna say either X-Men or Avatar will win but my definite vote will be Avatar.


Best Villain

- Christoph Waltz - Inglourious Basterds

- Helena Bonham Carter - Alice in Wonderland

- Ken Jeong - The Hangover

- Stephen Lang - Avatar

- Tom Felton - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince


I want Tom Felton to win, or Helena. Stephen Lang was just a pointless villain. He had no depth. He just wanted to destroy. Ken Jeong is SO STUPID! He shouldn't even be in this category. He always appears in movies when you don't want him to. Dumbass. And Christoph won the Oscar. So, my vote is for Tom and Helena, but I think Christoph will win.


Best WTF Moment

- Betty White - The Proposal

- Bill Murray - Zombieland

- Isabel Lucas - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

- Ken Jeong - The Hangover

- Megan Fox - Jennifer's Body


It's between Betty feeling up Sandra, Bill Murray randomly appearing in Zombieland, or Isabel Lucas going from a seemingly nice chick to a Decepticon. Ken Jeong jumping out of the trunk of the car naked was just stupid and Megan Fox vomiting because she's possessed is not a WTF moment because that's normal. My vote is for either Betty, Bill, or Isabel. Definite vote is Bill Murray.


Biggest Badass Star

- Angelina Jolie

- Channing Tatum

- Chris Pine

- Rain

- Sam Worthington


Ugh. This one's tough. Who the fuck is Rain? He's out. It's between Angelina, Channing, Chris, and Sam. Chris acted badass in Star Trek but I don't think he's as big of a badass as the others. Sam was in Avatar and Clash of the Titans, so he was a pretty big badass, but he's not that big of a star yet. Channing was in G.I. Joe and Fighting. And Angelina defines the female badass. My vote is for Angelina.


Best Scared-As-Shit Performance

- Alison Lohman - Drag Me to Hell

- Amanda Seyfried - Jennifer's Body

- Jesse Eisenberg - Zombieland

- Katie Featherston - Paranormal Activity

- Sharlto Copley - District 9


Didn't see Drag Me to Hell so that's out. District 9's guy and Paranormal Activity's possessed girl were like real scared performances. 9's guy was turning into an alien and Paranormal Activity's girl knew she was being possessed and it was shot as if it were a real person. I did enjoy Jesse Eisenberg and Amanda though. My vote is for Paranormal Activity.


Best Breakout Star

- Anna Kendrick - Up in the Air

- Chris Pine - Star Trek

- Gabourey Sidibe - Precious

- Logan Lerman - Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief

- Quinton Aaron - The Blind Side

- Zach Galifianaskis - The Hangover


I think it's between Gabourey, Zach, and Logan. Chris Pine has been around... Anna has been in two Twilight movies already. Knowing that these are the MTV Movie Awards and idiot, amateur teenagers only vote, I think Zach will get it.


Best Female Performance

- Amanda Seyfried - Dear John

- Emma Watson - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

- Kristen Stewart - The Twilight Saga: New Moon

- Sandra Bullock - The Blind Side

- Zoe Saldana - Avatar


I would want Emma to win, naturally, but Sandra's got this in the bag.


Best Male Performance

- Channing Tatum - Dear John

- Daniel Radcliffe - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

- Robert Pattinson - The Twilight Saga: New Moon

- Taylor Lautner - The Twilight Saga: New Moon

- Zac Efron - 17 Again


Tough one. None of them stand out. I don't think Daniel will win, but I want him to win, so I'll stand by him.


Best Comedic Performance

- Ben Stiller - Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian

- Bradley Cooper - The Hangover

- Ryan Reynolds - The Proposal

- Sandra Bullock - The Proposal

- Zach Galifianakis - The Hangover


It is between Ryan, Sandra, and Zach. Most likely it'll be between Sandra and Zach. My vote is for Sandra.


Global Superstar

- Daniel Radcliffe

- Johnny Depp

- Kristen Stewart

- Robert Pattinson

- Taylor Lautner


JOHNNY DEPP!! Hands down!!


We'll see how well I do... Watch the awards tonight at 9/8c.

No comments:

Post a Comment