Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Movie Review: The Hurt Locker: Part II

Warning: May contain spoilers. You've been warned.


So, it's been about 32 hours since I watched The Hurt Locker, and for some reason I'm still thinking about it. And like I said in part one... a Best Picture winning movie should keep you thinking after you watch it. So I decided that I should write a second part to my review to satisfy my urge to keep talking about the movie (whether I know what to say or not).

I'm not thinking about what the movie meant, but I'm more so replaying the film in my head and the more I go over it, the more I like it. It really was a good movie. It didn't have much of a story but it was still interesting to watch.

I was also thinking about movies that are about the Iraq War or terrorism in the Middle-East. Movies like The Men Who Stare At Goats, Jarhead, Body of Lies, Syriana, The Kingdom, Rendition, Brothers, In the Valley of Elah and this one. I've only seen this one, Jarhead, Syriana, and Rendition and all of these films, to me, seem to have no point (much like the war they represent) and they all flopped at the box office.

Avatar losing to this film still has me befuddled. The Hurt Locker might just be one of those movies that few understand because they look past the story. Kind of like Donnie Darko... either you get what the movie is about, or you don't (but oddly enough, that one I understood completely). I should also mention that The Hurt Locker won the Oscar for Best Screenplay. ...It beat UP!

Right now, I'm trying to decide how I would rate the movie if I had to give it a star rating. And... I'm sorry. I don't think I can. I simply suggest that you go rent the movie, or wait til it airs on television. Trust me, you won't have the need to see it until then. Avatar... you should see right away so you know what EVERYBODY else is talking about!! ;)

Official statement: I enjoyed The Hurt Locker.

No comments:

Post a Comment